Sonifex PS-PLAYS - IP to Audio Streaming Decoder 1U Rackmount
£494.95 ex. vat
The Sonifex PS-PLAYS is a rackmounted IP to audio converter. It takes an IP audio feed and converts it to a number of simultaneous stereo outputs: balanced and unbalanced analogue audio, AES/EBU, S/PDIF & TOSlink digital audio outputs.
As for the PS-SEND, all the configuration settings for the unit are accessed via a local web-server built into it. The unit can decode one of a number of audio streams, such as those generated by the PS-SEND (MP3, G.711 and PCM) and including AAC+V2, Ogg Vorbis and WMA audio files from external USB as well as from sources such as Shoutcast, Icecast (Internet radio), VLC and from RTP servers. The unit can receive streams from HTTP (TCP/IP) and RTP (UDP) protocols, as well as raw TCP and UDP packets. The unit can also configure its own IP address using DHCP/BOOTP, IPzator or AutoIP. A readout of the set IP address can be heard on every reset using SONICIP technology, if selected.
Two red and green front panel LEDs indicate what state the unit is currently in, be it normal operational mode or bootstrap mode, and also indicates the current network connection status. A blue LED denotes power to the unit. The audio output can be monitored on the front panel ¼” (6.35mm) stereo jack socket in combination with a headphone volume knob. The analogue audio outputs can be switched to be either a fixed level output or to be controlled by the front panel volume knob. The volume can also be adjusted, as well as many other features, using an infra-red remote control (included).
The PS-PLAYS can be configured with up to 3 sources. The sources are prioritized in number order. If one has failed, the next one will attempt to play. If all fail, an external USB drive will be used as a back-up source. The external USB plugs into the USB socket on the front of the unit. This enables the PS-PLAY to act as a USB audio player, playing any of the audio formats previously mentioned.
The rear panel has 2 x RJ45 connectors, one for the 10/100Mbit Ethernet interface and one for GPIO connections. The PS-PLAY has 2 output relay contacts which can triggered remotely over IP from a connected PS-SEND unit. There is a 9 way D-type RS232 serial connection for control of the unit by automation systems and for firmware updates. The unit can be remote controlled via serial connection, TCP or UDP and remote management of the unit is also possible using SNMP traps.
Sonifex PS-PLAYS Specifications
- 2 x XLR 3 pin (balanced)( L&R)
- 2 x RCA phono (unbalanced)( L&R)
- 1 x ¼ inch (6.35mm) stereo jack headphone socket
Analogue Max Output Level:
- 18dBu XLR balanced
- 8dBu RCA phono unbalanced
- Analogue Balanced Output Impedance: <50Ω
- Analogue Unbalanced Output Impedance: <75Ω
- Analogue Output SNR: 94dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz using MP3 at sample rate of 192kbps and above
- Output THD: 0.03% Relative
- Interchannel Isolation (Cross Talk): 80dB (Ref FSD)
- Analogue Output Gain Range: -60dB to 18dB via front panel control knob, or optional IR controller
- 1 x AES/EBU XLR 3 pin female
- 1 x S/PDIF RCA phono
- 1 x TOSLink optical input
- Headphones Output: Drives 150mW into 32ohm to 600ohm stereo headphones
- USB Port: 1 x USB A socket
- GPOs (General Purpose Outputs): 2 x switchable relay contacts (simultaneously switched) controlled from PS-SEND
- Serial Port: 1 x 9 way D-type socket, used to send control commands and update firmware
- Ethernet Port: 1 x RJ45 socket. Remote control commands can be sent via TCP or UDP as well as firmware updates.
- IR Remote Receiver: Remote commands can be sent using optional remote control via built in IR sensor
- Mains Input: Filtered IEC, 85 - 264VAC, 47 - 63 Hz, 10W max
- Fuse Rating: Anti-surge fuse 1A 20 x 5mm
Audio Codec Specifications Decoder
- G.711 (U Law/A Law 8kHz to 48kHz sampling rate)
- WAV (IMA ADPCM+ 16bit PCM uncompressed: 8kHz to 48kHz)
- MP3 Layer 1 (32, 44.1 and 48kHz, CBR +VBR +ABR)
- MP3 Layer 2 (16, 22.05 and 24kHz, CBR +VBR +ABR)
- AAC+ (HE-AAC v2 Level 3, incl.SBR and PS)
- Ogg Vorbis (floor 1)
- WMA 4.0/4.1/7/8/9 all profiles (5-384kbps)
Supported Network Transport Protocols
- RTP - UDP
- HTTP - TCP
- Raw UDP
- Raw TCP
- SNMP - traps for remote management
- DHCP, BOOTP, IPZator or AUTOIP - Dynamic IP address resolution
- SonicIP IP Address readout