Sonnet XMACMSA - xMac mini Server
£1,454.40 ex. vat
The Sonnet XMACMSA allows you to rack-mount your Mac Mini providing great airflows and is future proof with the ability to add PCIe cards into the provided PCIe slots and computer ports. This fourth generation xMac mini Server combines the best qualities of previous models and adds new features to make it the most capable model yet. The xMac mini server is now equipped with Thunderbolt 2 technology, making it fully compatible with the new Late 2014 Mac mini with dual Thunderbolt 2 ports.
The xMac mini Server supports one full-height, full-length card, plus one full-height, half-length card. If you need to install a PCIe card that includes a daughter card, like the ones included with RME’s HDSPe MADI FX card, Blackmagic Design's DeckLink 4K Extreme, and the Lynx AES16e-50, the supplied mounting bracket allows you to securely mount the daughter card inside the chassis next to the main card, leaving the second PCIe slot open for another PCIe card.
The xMac mini Server has numerous thoughtful design touches. The power supply and fans are user-replaceable. The front panel USB 3.0 port connects to back of the Mac mini, enabling you to connect a keyboard, mouse, or thumb drive to the computer without having to access its ports from the back. Other Mac mini interface ports are extended to the back of the chassis and mounted on the rear panel for convenient interfacing of Gigabit Ethernet, HDMI, and two USB 3.0 cables.
With the introduction of the Late 2014 Mac mini, 20Gbps Thunderbolt 2 technology-equipped Mac minis are here. The previous Mac mini with 10Gbps Thunderbolt offered more than sufficient bandwidth to support the maximum performance of most PCIe cards. However, some cards such as the RED ROCKET and RED ROCKET-X, 16Gb Fibre Channel, multi-port 10Gigabit Ethernet, and other bandwidth-hungry cards require more than 10Gbps. Thunderbolt 2 removes this barrier by providing more bandwidth for demanding applications. The xMac mini Server’s Thunderbolt 2 interface takes full advantage of this increased bandwidth to ensure optimum performance from installed cards when you install a new Mac mini, and yet it is fully compatible with earlier Mac mini computers with 10Gbps Thunderbolt as well.
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 19 x 17.75 x 1.72 in. (48.3 x 45.1 x 4.4 cm)
- Weight: 16 lbs (7.26 kg)
- Form Factor: Rackmount
- External Connectors
- Two Thunderbolt 2 (one open, one used)
- One RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet port extension
- Three USB 3.0 ports (one front mount and 2 rear mount)
- One HDMI port extension
- Internal Connectors
- 6-pin Mini-Fit Jr (provides auxiliary power for PCIe cards that require it)
- One C-8 power
- Expansion Slots
- One x8 (x4 electrical) PCIe 2.0 half-length
- One x16 (x4 electrical) PCIe 2.0 full-length
- Compatible PCIe Cards(4): Up-to-date PCIe cards listed on our supporting PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart
- Power Supply: Universal 150W, 90-260V AC, 50-60 Hz
- Operating Temperature: +32º F to +95º F (0º C to +35º C)
- RoHS Compliant: Yes
- Package Contents
- xMac mini Server, assembled
- Daughter card mounting bracket
- 0.5-meter Thunderbolt cable
- Thunderbolt cable lock(4)
- Power cord
Note: Mac mini and PCIe cards sold separately