Soundfield SPS200 Software Controlled Microphone (KIT 1)
£2,850.00 ex. vat
SoundField SPS200 - Software Controlled Surround Microphone (KIT 1)
The SoundField SPS200 Software Controlled Microphone brings the advantages of SoundField Technology to a wider audience and provides the perfect front end to capture both stereo and 5.1 surround. It is ideally suited to those working in the field on laptop based recording systems or in the studio on fully fledged Digital Audio Workstations.
The SPS200 Software Controlled Microphone uses the same established SoundField multi-capsule technology as the high-end models in the SoundField range. This relatively lightweight microphone (approximately 220 grams) is powered by standard 48v phantom power and incorporates four low noise, studio grade condenser capsules. A short break-out cable outputs the four signals generated by the SPS200 at mic level on four balanced XLRs, ensuring compatibility with all equipment.
The SPS200 Software Controlled Microphone is the first SoundField microphone that does not require an accompanying control unit. All the processing - such as stereo and surround sound decoding and manipulation - takes place in the Surround Zone software which is included with the SPS200.
The Surround Zone software is currently available for Pro-Tools HD and all platforms supporting VST-Multichannel such as Nuendo, Cubase, Soundscape, etc. on both PC and MAC platforms.
Surround Zone Software Features
- Rotate: Allows for full 360° rotation
- Tilt: Provides ±45° tilt
- Zoom: Gives effect of zooming in or further away from sound source
- End Fire: Re-orientates mic for end fire use as opposed to standard ‘side address’
- Invert: maintains correct three-dimensional perspective in both surround and stereo when microphone is suspended upside down above the sound source
- Option of six different surround modes: three 5.1 pre-sets, a 6.1 , a 7.1 and an 8-channel pre-set
- Variable front and rear width
- Variable rear polar patterns
- Variable polar patterns
- Variable stereo width
- Variable high pass filter
- Mid/Side encoder