Universal Audio 1176 Compressor/Limiter
£1,907.50 ex. vat
Universal Audio 1176
The original Universal Audio 1176LN designed by Bill Putnam was a major breakthrough in limiter technology - the first true peak limiter with all transistor circuitry offering superior performance and a signature sound. Evolved from the popular Universal Audio 175 and 176 vacuum tube limiters, the 1176LN retained the proven qualities of these industry leaders, and set the standard for all limiters to follow.
Today, the 1176LN is new again. While it certainly would have been possible - and much simpler - to modernize and "improve" the 1176LN, every effort was made to remain faithful to Putnam's design and intentions. Carefully trained staff hand-wire and test each unit until it meets our uncompromising standards. This Universal Audio Classic version of the 1176LN captures all the nuance of the original through obsessive attention to detail and delivers that trademark sound. Demand the original. Accept no copies.
The 1176SA calibrates two mono 1176s for stereo operation. The 1176SA was first offered for the original 1176, but has become increasingly difficult to find for use with either vintage or new 1176s. Due to customer demand for stereo operation, we carefully recreated the original adapter. The 1176SA is a small device (4.25" x2.5" x1.75") which rests behind the 1176s. The 1176SA sports a full metal enclosure for proper shielding, gold-plated connectors. A 2-year battery is included. The 1176SA is compatible with both new and vintage models.
Universal Audio 1176LN Features
- Legendary, high-end, compressor/limiter used for vocal, bass and instrument tracking across the world
- True to the original in design, manufacturing and performance
- Modeled after 1176LN, blackface, D and E revisions
- F.E.T. gain reduction
- Pushbutton selection of compression ratios, 4:1 8:1, 12:1, 20:1
- Ultra fast attack time 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Adjustable release time 50 milliseconds to 1.1 second
- Class A line level output amplifier
- Custom built Putnam-designed output transformer
- Stereo interconnect operation
- Contemporary styling and eye pleasing industrial design