Universal Audio Teletronix LA2A
£3,062.50 ex. vat
Universal Audio Teletronix LA2A - Classic Leveling Amplifier
The Universal Audio Teletronix LA-2A is a true to the original design remake of the Teletronix LA-2A, the famed ube-amplified T4 electro-optical classic compressor.
Audio professionals revere the LA-2A. The original was immediately acknowledged for its smooth, natural compression characteristics. A unique tube-driven electro-optical attenuator system allows instantaneous gain reduction with no increase in harmonic distortion - an accomplishment at the time, still appreciated today. This faithful Universal Audio reissue marks the rebirth of the Teletronix LA-2A.
Painstaking care has been taken to ensure that every new LA-2A provides the performance characteristics of the original. Each unit is point-to-point hand-wired and built in Scotts Valley, California, with every component carefully evaluated for authenticity. As a result, today’s LA-2A will bring the same legendary compression characteristics of the original to all of your recordings.
Each unit is hand-built and hand-wired in-house at UA with each component being carefully evaluated for authenticity. No expense has been spared to guarantee that this LA-2A will bring that classic sound to your recording. Demand the original. Accept no copy.
Universal Audio Teletronix LA2A Features
- True to the original LA-2A in design, manufacturing and performance
- Lag free, distortion free optical attenuator system
- 10 milliseconds attack time
- Distortion less than 0.5% THD
- 0 to 40 dB gain limiting
- Balanced stereo interconnection
- Frequency response 1 dB, 30 to 15,000 cps
- Output level of 10 dBm and 40 dB gain
- Low noise – less than 70 dB below ±10 dBm output
- Hand-built in USA; backed by 1-Year limited warranty
Universal Audio Teletronix LA2A Specifications
- Input Impedance: 50, 150, 250, 600 ohms
- Output Load Impedance: 50, 150, 250, 600 ohms
- External Connections: Jones Barrier terminals and XLR connectors
- Frequency Response: +0/-1 dB 30 Hz to 15kHz
- Gain: 40 dB ±1dB
- Input Level: +16 dB maximum
- Output Level: +10 dB nominal, +16 dB maximum
- Distortion: Less than 0.5% THD (0.25% typical) at ±10 dBm
- Noise: 70 dB below +10 dBm output level
- Attack Time: 10 milliseconds
- Release Time: 0.06 seconds for 50% release; 0.5 to 5 seconds for complete release
- Meter: dB gain reduction and dB output
- Power Requirements: 35 watts, 120/240 volts, 50/60 Hz
- Environmental: Maximum operating temperature 160°F
- Dimensions: 19" Rackmount chassis, 3U
- Weight: 13 lbs.